The customs authorities may grant the person (authorised consignee) an authorisation on the basis of the application to receive goods moved under the TIR Convention in an authorised place in order to terminate the procedure pursuant to Article 1, first paragraph, clause d of the TIR Convention.
Requirements for receipt of the status of the authorised consignee for TIR operations
(Article 187 of the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/2446)
- The applicant is established in the customs territory of the Union;
- the applicant declares that he will regularly receive goods moved under a TIR operation;
- the applicant fulfils the criteria laid down in Article 39(a), (b) and (d) of the Union Customs Code.
The application for the authorisation is submitted in the Customs Decision System (CDS) of the European Union.
The following shall be attached to the application:
- completed self-assessment questionnaire wher the points 1, 3 and 5 have been answered to:
- Estonia's self-assessment questionnaire (48.33 KB, DOCX) (in Estonian)
- Explanatory notes for AEO-Self-Assessment Questionnaire (PDF) (in Appendix 1 of the AEO Guidelines)
- the plan of the territory, indicating the places where vehicles stay during the waiting time.
Special conditions under the TIR procedure
- An authorisation for the authorised consignee for TIR operations may be applied by a trader on whose territory the final unloading takes place.
- The transit operation shall be terminated by the authorised consignee in the new computerised transit system NCTS for transit declarations.
- The Customs office of destination only has the right to terminate a TIR operation in the TIR Carnet.
The customs authorities shall take a decision at the latest within 30 days of receipt of the application for a decision whether that application meets the requirements. The authorisation shall be issued or the application may be refused, in general, within 120 days of the date of acceptance of the application (Article 22 of the Union Customs Code).
Information about the status of an authorised consignee shall be given by the following contact persons:
|Rita Virma||676 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Aili Kalbin||676 email@example.com|